(*There are printable recipe's at the bottom of this post)
Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
* This recipe comes from my friends 5 star restaurant in Tennessee.
It is sooooo yummy and easy to make!
- 2 Tbs butter
- 3 to 4 shallots diced (shallots are a mild purple onion that grows in a clump similar to garlic)
- 3 Tbs pepper corns in brine (crushed)
- 1/4 cup Cognac (can use peach, pear or apricot juice as a substitute then there is no need to light on fire as this is only to burn off the alcohol in the cognac)
- 2 Tbs beef base
- 1 creme fraiche (a yummy french cream)
* You can buy Creme fraiche and peppercorns at Harmons in Farmington. The creme fraiche is in the Deli by the bakery and the green peppercorns in brine are by the capers.
- Saute shallots in butter
- Add pepper corns
- Stir in cognac
- Light on fire - stir until the flames quit
- Add beef base and creme fraiche
- Simmer and cook until thick
Serve warm on steak and potatoes - Yum!!
Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
1 Tbs butter
1 Shallot, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 pound Gorgonzola
*(a cheese like blue cheese only better, comes in block or crumbled)
You usually find this over by the deli in the specialty cheeses.
Heat a medium size saucepan or skillet over medium heat.
Add butter to melt.
Saute shallots until tender.
Add the cream and cook till reduces by half.
Turn heat to low.
Add the Gorgonzola and stir until it melts.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
*Anyone who likes blue cheese will love this even better! It's also yummy on asparagus.
*Bonus Recipe - a healthy...teehee.... chocolate desert:
1 cup milk chocolate chips
(semi-sweet if you prefer)
1 - Box Silken Tofu ( 12.3 oz) room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
(*Silken tofu is found in the produce section usually by the bean sprouts)
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments stirring in between.
- Put Tofu, melted chocolate and vanilla in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into small serving bowls, ramekins or parfait cups and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve with sliced strawberries or raspberries on top.
Click here for the printable recipe's:
*Here are a couple different formats....leave a comment as to which type you prefer.
Pepper Steak Sauce
*Try out these or any other recipes on our Relief Society Blog and leave a comment as to how it turns out!!