What a fun
Relief Society Birthday Celebration
It was all about our favorite things.
We started out with Tenneal S. singing
from the Sound of Music;
'These are a Few of My Favorite Things'
She has such a beautiful voice!
The whole room was strung with awesome vintage and vintage style aprons.
The cups were covered in cute country fabric. Even the clothespins holding up the aprons were dawning country fabric!
It was really a fun atmosphere!
Here's a poem that Sue G. shared before we ate dinner about one of her favorite things, APRONS!
(teehee, you can certainly tell by the decor!)
The strings were tied, it was freshly washed, and maybe even pressed.
For Grandma, it was everyday to choose one when she dressed.
The simple apron that it was, you would never think about;
the things she used it for, that made it
look worn out.
She may have used it to hold some wildflowers that she'd found.
Or to hide a crying child's face when a stranger came around.
Imagine all the little tears that were wiped with just that cloth.
Or it became a potholder to serve some
She probably carried kindling to stoke the kitchen fire.
To hold a load of laundry, or to wipe the clothesline wire.
When canning all her vegetables, it was used to wipe her brow.
You never know, she might have used it to shoo flies from the cow.
She might have carried eggs in from the chicken coop outside.
Whatever chore she used it for, she did them all with pride.
When Grandma went to heaven, God said she now could rest.
I'm sure the apron that she chose, was her Sunday best.
~by Tina Trivett~
Pictures were hung of all the Relief Society Presidents since Willow Wood Ward was established.
Lisa W., Becky J., Lynette S., Sharon F.
Mary L., Sydney G. and Terry S.
DINNER WAS SERVED........
There was delicious salads and homemade rolls.
*Watch for the recipes coming soon.
We had forty + Sister's eating, sharing their favorite things, laughing and totally enjoying the evening!
Sharing our favorite things
It was so fun to get to know more about each other.
Everyone brought their's in a paper bag so they could be displayed anonymously.
We then had a chance to go around and look at them and try to guess who's was who's to win a lucky prize!
For those that weren't able to come,
Here are the favorite things that were shared;
Shannon P. ~ Brought a Grid-board and Ruler because she's loves scrap-booking and crafts.
Danielle B. ~ Totally loves Pampered Chef Seasonings because it makes everything taste good!
Heidi W. ~ Brought an Electronic Phase Ten game
(It's really her daughter's but she loves it so much, it stays on HER nightstand!)
Brittani W. ~ A Lighthouse because she grew up on the Coast and she loves it there.
Erin R. ~ She love to Cross Stitch! She brought one of her creations.
Notice it's a beautiful lighthouse Brittani?
This is true love for Gabby A. ~ She loves Cetephil cream because she and Addy have severely dry skin and this is the ONLY thing that saves them!
She also brought cilantro because she loves tons of it in everything!
Heres a favorite for us all!!! We love it.......Karen R. ~ brought a picture of a toilet because she
LOVES indoor plumbing!
Others not pictured;
- Kerri H. ~ Pictures of decor, paint samples, ruler, sanding block, screw driver. She loves to remodel and decorate her home. We are not talking small projects all the time either. Some of them most of us women wouldn't dare tackle.
- Becky B. ~ A Book, Chocolate and Dear Doctor Pepper! She loves to read, eat chocolate and can't live without her Doctor Pepper! haha
- Linda H. ~ Dr Suess, The Places you go book.
- Mary Jane W. ~ A plack with a kitchen prayer on it that hangs in her kitchen, which hung in her mother's kitchen, which hung in her Grandmother's kitchen. She said her girls want to make her a new better looking one but she wants nothing of it. It's the sentiment of that one that she loves.
- Jenny N. ~ A glue gun, sharpies and a pie tin she uses to put the glue gun on. She said she can't live without these item's. She uses them constantly!
- Sydney G. ~ An Orchid plant. Because she loves plants and nature and loves to surround herself by them. Also the orchid was given to her by Sue G. who is one of her most favorite things!
- Camille J. ~ A Jar full of her Grandmother's hand stitching, tatting, jewelry etc... She loves genealogy!
- Mary L. ~ Brought a collage picture of things from thrift stores because she loves shopping at thrift stores and getting a great thrift store find!
- Sandy Y. ~ 1937 Edition of 'Gone with the Wind'. She LOVES to read and this book is extra special to her!
- Tracy H. ~ You might have noticed in the picture above, The Mickey Mouse picture and tons of watches below it, (The picture only shows some of them, there were a bazillion!) She loves Disney, Disney Land, Disney Pictures, Disney Watches, Disney anything!! Go check out her house. It's smattered with Disney!
- Jeanette E. ~ A seashell from Mazatlan. She loves to travel mostly going to Hawaii now. The shell was from her first trip with her honey and it was just the right size to hold in her palm and rub for a worry stone. She has kept it all these years!
- Leila J. ~ Pre-sliced apples in a bag. She doesn't like much fruit, she mostly loves vegtables. Crazy huh!! She does however like apples, so she said these pre-prepared apple slices from the store are just awesome for her to grab and go.
- Cayla B. ~ She brought a scrapbook of a family vacation. She said family vacations are totally her favorite and then she just loves scrap-booking them!
- Heidi H. ~ Thought everyone for sure would guess her's! She brought a hat. She said there is no way she could survive without her hat. She said there are just days that you can't take time to do your hair!!
- Karen P. ~ She said if she could have fit her sewing machine in a sack, that is what she would have brought. However, she brought a couple of pictures of some of the quilts she has made. She said she has made......
- Marilyn T. ~ Brought a Huge Christmas Stocking she made from fabric scraps. She loves to craft and she said she had all these fabric scraps but was tired of making the same things with them so she made up a pattern to make a Christmas Stocking and we have to say, it totally rocks!
- Becky S. ~ A whole stack of Catalogs! She said she LOVES catalogs!! She loves looking through them. We didn't find out if she orders out of them or not. (Might have to introduce her to Pinterest....course that's a lethal time sucker!)
- Karen E. ~ Brought a picture of some of her Ancestors and some Genealogy Charts. She also LOVES Genealogy!
- Kathleen T. ~ She said she always wanted to learn to play the piano so she finally has started teaching herself! She is taking online lessons and brought some of the music that she has mastered, Both Hands!!
- Tenneal S. ~ She loves a sign in her house that say's 'Live, Love and Dance'! She especially loves it because she and her honey both love Country Dancing and that is how they met!
- Cari H. ~ Brought the words to a song she loves called, 'Blessings'. It is a song about trials and she said the last year has been a rough one so this song has very special meaning to her.
- Tiffany G. ~ Brought a burp cloth she made. She said she is just learning how to sew and LOVING IT! She said she hasn't sewn anything big or elaborate yet but she has sewn tons of fun things and just can't get enough of it.
- Terry S. ~ A rotary cutter. Yeah for rotary cutters!! She loves to sew and especially to make quilts! She and her sister made a quilt to auction off at the 'Mother's Without Borders' Craft sale that was just out of this World!
- Sharon G. ~ Brought a caribeener. She said it is the best thing ever! She uses it to hook lots of different things mostly her keys on her belt loop, her purse or on the stroller. She also loved to and used them rock climbing before life got busy with kids.
- Nancy S. ~ Brought a 'Scroungy' Hoddie because she loves nothing better than to be home and hanging out in her comfy clothes!
- Sherry R. ~ Loves to play Tennis so she brought a can of Tennis Balls.
- Malinda M. ~ She loves jewelry and reading. She brought a necklace that is extra special because it was made by a friend for her with a book on it.
- Andrea P. ~ Yummy bath stuff, because who doesn't love a pampering escape!
We had a Fabulously Awesome
The evening couldn't have been better!
If you were unable to attend leave us a comment with YOUR FAVORITE THING!!