Do your kids say funny things? Do their ideas and likes change from year to year? Do you like to talk about "remember when"?
It's fun to see how life changes as we move forward.
If you have trouble keeping a journal or you want to help encourage your kids to learn the joy of keeping a journal here's an idea -
Place a notebook or journal on your kitchen counter or somewhere visually accessible. Once a day you can ask your kids if they have something they would like to write in the journal. Give them starter questions to get them going.
In the morning-
- Ask them if they had a dream they remember
- What is their favorite cereal and why?
- Are they excited for school today?
- Did anything happen at school you would like to write about?
- Who did you eat lunch with?
- How did you do on your test?
- Do you like your teacher?
- Are there any cute boys/girls in your class?
- What are your concerns at school?
- What was the best part about your day?
Evening or anytime-
- What's your favorite thing to do?
- What are you grateful for?
- What is your favorite song?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Who is your best friend?
- What is your favorite game to play?
- What is your favorite sport?