Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Powerful Promises of the Book of Mormon

Alma 35 & 36
Taught by Sue G.

Abandoning evil ways and converting to the truth can result in persecution, but the Lord blesses those who follow.


Alma testifies to his son Helaman about the experience of being converted by an angel of God and bears powerful testimony of what it is like to be born again.  The "murders" to which he refers describe spiritual death not physical death.  He testifies of seeing concourses of angels praising God.  He tells Helaman of the souls he has converted and testifies that they too have experienced being born again.  "I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more. And oh, what joy and what marvelous light did I behold; yea; my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain."  Alma 36:18-19




No comments:

Post a Comment